Stop Doorstep Rogue Traders... the crime that preys on the vulnerable in their own homes
Anonymously report incidents and information to Crimestoppers online and on the phone
April 14th, 2021
In an emergency or if rogue traders are at the property contact 999, or if you need advice to help with a dispute, concern or suspicion call Citizens Advice on 0808 223 1133.
Signs to spot:
- Unfinished or poor quality services
- Increased prices and urgent work required
- Pressure to agree there and then
- Upfront cash payments
- No paperwork and/or cancellation rights given
- No traders details provided
- Flyers stating Statutory Cooling off period
- Ignoring signs or stickers asking the trader to leave and not return
- Selling goods from a van following an unsolicited doorstep call
- Sold from unusual places e.g. car boot sales
Report any information; tell Crimestoppers what you know. 100% anonymous. Always.
Is my information useful?
Names, addresses, trader/business names and vehicle details are very useful; Crimestoppers will ask you further questions to learn more about what you know.
Call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org to tell us what you know.
Speak up. Stay safe. Stop crime.