Shared Regulatory Services
You Are Here:

Petroleum and Explosives

Shared Regulatory Services is responsible for petroleum and explosives enforcement in Bridgend, Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan


FireworksAll petrol filling stations and businesses which dispense petroleum have to be licensed by local authorities.

The licensing process includes approval and testing of the premises’ storage and delivery systems and safe operating practices.

Premises storing explosives, depending on the type and quantity of explosives stored, are subject to either licensing or registration.

Retailers of fireworks are required to register with the local authority. All premises where explosives are stored are inspected by officers of the service to ensure that the conditions imposed by the licence or registration are complied with and that the storage is safe and the business operates in a safe manner.

Among the items controlled are products which contain explosives such as shotgun cartridges, pyrotechnics and fireworks.

Report It

If you are concerned about the sale of illegal fireworks, please contact Shared Regulatory Services

  • Contact SRS
  • Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry, CF63 4RU


For further information on the law relating to fireworks, visit the website

If you are concerned that fireworks are being sold to underage children, please see our page on Underage Sales