Shared Regulatory Services
You Are Here:

Environmental Permitting Regime

CoolingTowerTo make sure we protect the environment and air quality, some activities, such as paint production or dry cleaning require a permit.

It is an offence to operate without a permit.

Shared Regulatory Services regulate different types of installation including glassworks and foundries, petrol stations and concrete crushers, sawmills and paint manufacturers.

These activities are listed in the Environmental Permitting Regulations on the Department of Food and Rural Affairs website

For further information regarding Environmental permits issued by Bridgend, Cardiff and the Vale Of Glamorgan, or to view the public register documents, please contact us.

Applying for a permit

If an operator wishes to carry out a process that  causes emissions to land, air or water then they may need to apply for an Environmental Permit. The Environmental Permitting Regulations tell us the relevant processes that require an environmental permit.

You will need to contact us  at the earliest opportunity in order to discuss the application process before applying for a permit 

The authority must consult relevant members of the public and other organisations.


Further Guidance